Along with the anticipated launch of Facebook Platform’s Application Verification Program very soon which is an optional new program designed to provide applications with a way to stand out and reassure users that they will provide a good experience. Are we “Arab geeks” ready and willing to verify our facebook applications that already exist or under-development?
I believe if your application meet the following criteria, why not checking-in:
- Principles: Facebook will make sure the user experience across verified applications is high. They will check if your app lication meets the guiding principles of trustworthy applications.
- Policies: Facebook will make sure that you are currently abiding by all Facebook Platform policies. These include the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, and all the documents incorporated therein, such as the Platform Guidelines and Facebook Platform Policy on the Developer Wiki.
- Integration Points: Facebook will make sure your application uses all of Facebook’s integration points (e.g., user-to-user notifications) in the way they are intended to be used. You can review the checklist of integration point questions to get an idea of the types of things they will check for during verification.
Also, the verification form comprises the following elements: like business and payment information, explanation of data requests, and screenshots of all major feaures.
If you can meet the following criteria and able to pay $375 ( $200 NGO/Student); you can get the following:
- A verified badge graphic displayed on your application’s About Page indicating that it has been verified by Facebook .
- A special icon displayed next to your application in listings within the Application Directory.
- Increased allocations for requests, notifications, and emails.
- Increased visibility for News Feed stories.
- $100 of Facebook advertising credit.
- Discounted registration fees to events like f8, Facebook’s Developer Conference.
If your application does not pass verification:
- If there are minor issues: Facebook will tell you why and the next steps available to you.
- If there is a policy violation: Facebook will take standard enforcement action, and you will be ineligible to re-apply for application verification for this application for at least three months.
When your application passes verification, Facebook will notify you with specifics, including:
- Verifications badge plus guidelines on how to use it on Facebook.
- Information about how to redeem your advertising credit.
- Continue to innovate after your application has been verified.
- Continue to abide by policies even after becoming a verified application
- Renew every twelve months: Verification will expire at the end of twelve months, and your application will need to be re-reviewed to maintain verified status.
If you think you are ready, I encourage you to start with the below steps:
- First, register your intent to apply for verification
- As soon as they can review your application in a timely manner, they will notify you via email.
- You’ll then be able to complete the verification submission form (the fee for verification would be due at this time).
- Finally, to provide greater fairness and critical mass for users, they will grant benefits to verified applications in waves starting in early 2009.
Note that if you’re interested in having your application become a Great App, they’ll select Great Apps from those applications that are successfully verified. Good Luck!