It’s not just another toolbar added to your tools in your Firefox browser, it’s a toolbar that uses Yamli technology to extend your search for Arabic content.
Yamli technology enables users to use a real-time transliteration engine which converts words typed with Latin characters to their closest Arabic equivalent. Originally, Yamli supports users through:
- iGoogle Gadgets that allows them to search for Arabic contnet on their iGoogle page through Google, Youtube, LiveSearch, and Wikipedia.
- Facebook Application that allows them to send internal emails in Arabic and update status in Arabic
- Website application that allows them to post and comment in Arabic on websites (There are some WP Plugins available for this purpose as well)
Yamli moved forward to allow users to simply – Type Arabic Anywhere:
1. Search inside portals: Google, Youtube, LiveSearch, and Wikipedia.
2. Email using: Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail
3. Update your friends: on MSN and Yahoo Web Messengers
4. Update your status: on Twitter and Facebook
In my previous review on Yamli, I have mentioned that this technology has opened the door for regional developers to play with it through it’s openness and documented API section and also mentioned that you can develop a Yamli Toolbar and other plug-ins; I believe it’s worth it to reading it “About Yamli” and I encourage you to get started on building some new innovations that utilize it. It’s not a difficult job.
Oooh, before I let you finish this article and start downloading it, I would like to remind that this is a beta release and you might incur some bugs, but I can tell that no matter what, you will enjoy it – Download Yamli Toolbar.
I will keep you posted on the official bug-free release.