Ovi is first to help you publish your location and status updates directly to your Facebook account from the home screen of your mobile phone. Lifecasting is designed to go beyond just publishing your status – it’s about building closer connections with people. They hope it will encourage new kinds of interactions.
Here’s how to lifecast:
1. Add the home screen widget: You can start lifecasting from the home screen of your Nokia N97. Simply download the widget and then add it to your home screen.
2. Select where you are: Your Nokia N97 detects your real life location via GPS/A-GPS or network positioning. You can share the street address of your location or a meaningful place from the nearby points of interest or a favorite place saved on your Ovi Maps Beta.
3. Enter your status: With lifecasting you can also let others know what you’re up to.
4. Attach a photo: To capture the moment and make it more memorable, you can take a photo and share it with friends.
5. Go to Facebook: Open your Facebook profile and see what you’re lifecasting. See if your friends have left comments and keep the conversation going.
Capture your life story as it happens. Download the Ovi lifecasting widget from Nokia Beta Labs at http://betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view/ovi-lifecasting