On April 27th a Democamp session will be held at the Dubai Internet City, to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in the MENA region.
The event will take place between 5 – 8 pm at the American University in Dubai, School of Engineering Bld. 3rd floor. The event doesn’t focus on any specific subject, demo’s can be in English or Arabic, can be made for a specific country or universal the important thing is that it is developed by and people from the region. And I think that is a good way to go about it. To where the applicants will demo their products and ideas to venture capitalists and corporate high-tech investors in the audience.
The support team and judging panel is quite impressive, including:
- Ziad Matar ?- Qualcomm ?- Director Business Development(Keynote speaker)
- James Improta Oliver www.thequestioncompany.com (Moderator)
- Andrew Meikle www.thequestioncompany.com (Moderator)
- Tariq Al Asiri – General Manager – Argaam Business Info FZ-LLC (Judge)
- Imad Chocair – CIO – Tecom Investments (Judge)
- Ronnie Mouchawar – CEO – Souq.com (Judge)
- Majed Al Suwaidi – Director – Business development Dubai Internet City & Dubai Outsource Zone (Judge)
- Reem Shaban – Head of Marketing – Dubai Internet City & Dubai Outsource Zone(Judge)
- Rekha Setpal – Head of Community Services – Dubai Internet City (Judge)
- Reem Bin AlShaikh – Project Manager – Community Services – Dubai Internet City(Judge)
- Husni Elassi – CircleCom FZ-LLC (Mentor)
- Piero Ricotti – Managing Director – Sirti FZ LLC (Mentor)
- Shadi Banna – Managing Partner – Potential – SME Evolution Program(Mentor)
You can follow Democamp Dubai on twitter @DemoCampDubai and stay updated with all the latest from them.
As for us we will be attending the event and carrying out live tweeting and possibly blogging if possible. You can follow our tweets on #democampdubai