It’s almost here the Middle East Social Media Marketing Conference organized by marcusevans will be held next Sunday 29 – 30 May at the Hyatt Regency Dubai Hotel, Dubai, UAE. We have already talked to two of the experts that will be present at the conference, but there will be many more who will share their knowledge and provide a local insight. Take a look at the list below:
- Ibrahim Elbadawi, Strategic Planning Specialist – Emirates eGovernment
- Sivakumar Thangaratnavelu, Global Head of Customer Experience – HSBC Amanah, UAE
- Bénédicte Hennebo, Marketing and Innovation Middle East and North Africa – BT Global Services, UAE
- Arto Joensuu, Head of Digital Marketing MEA – Nokia, UAE
- Robert Singleton, Online Marketing Executive – InterContinental Hotels Group, UAE
- Randa Elhimyari, Senior Events and Communication Manager – Aswaaq, UAE
- Jailan Attia Kramer, Social Media Specialist – General Motors Middle East, UAE
- Akvile Pareigyte, Digital Marketing Manager – Jumeirah Group, UAE
- Michael Stellwag, E-Marketing Manager – Qatar Airways, Qatar
- Joseph Sindaha, Digital Marketing Manager – Nestle Middle East, UAE
- Naif Yahya AbuSaida, Manager, Corporate Affairs & Communications CEO Div. – GO – Etihad Atheeb Telecom, Saudi Arabia
- Racha Mourtada, Research Associate – Dubai School of Government
There will also be a half day workshop on optimising your business marketing by strategic social media approach which will be given by Richard Margetic who is the Director of Global Social Media for Dell, USA.
The organizers have chosen Dell because they are one of the leaders in social media usage for businesses. According to the ENGAGEMENTdb report 2009, Dell was ranked no.2 in terms of all around engagement with their customers. In 2009, Dell generated $6.5 million in sales through Twitter and in late 2010, Dell had set up a listening command centre to focus their efforts on social media.
So if you are attending make sure to come say hello, you can’t miss us we’ll be there with a camera and you can feel free to sit down and have a chat with us about social media (when the speakers are not presenting). If you want to find out more details about the conference you can view the details on their site.