So I just spent the last couple of hours trying to remember who won the ideathon and Startup competitions at Arabnet 2012, I found one (badly written) article online that was copied and pasted throughout the web and it doesn’t really mention the winners clearly. So to make the lives of everybody easier I’m listing the winners of the awards below:
The Startup Demo Winners:
- Qordoba Translations: A web-based content creation company which works with a distributed team of leading freelance translators and editors to deliver fast, convenient and high quality translation and editing jobs to clients.
- GlamBox.me: An e-commerce fashion website dedicated to delivering beauty products to women across the MENA region.
- Cinemoz: An online video on demand platform in the MENA region.
The Startup Demo People’s Choice Award:
- Codely: An online interactive tool that aims to disrupt the education sector.
The Ideathon Winners:
- Mahmoud Doueiry with Influsense which is a platform that measures users influence online for brands, unlike Klout it dismisses any random irrelevant tweets or shares online.
- Marc Malkoun of Sign.al which is a citizen journalism app that relies on the camera, GPS, and votes in order to collectively make the news.
- Fadi Kayale of Psychaid, which is the first free online counseling service for everyone, everywhere.
The Ideathon People’s Choice Award:
- Saeed Omar from 7arat.com which is a community network for neighborhoods in the MENA region.
Social Media Case Study Award:
- Prodigi won with their “Can you beat this” competition, you can view the presentation here which is basically a mixed media campaign they carried out for one of their clients in Jordan, Beat FM.
The awards for the startup demo, ideathon and the social media case study competitions were decided by a panel of judges that the finalists had to present to. While the people’s choice awards were tallied by a poll that was carried out online on the arabnet website.
Hope you found the information useful. If you’d like to stay updated with more information please register to receive our newsletter and stay in the loop.